Discover some of the most inspiring companies and entrepreneurs that are active in Artificial Intelligence and based in the Greater Rotterdam – The Hague area. In this video series, produced and executed with help of InnovationQuarter and Zuid-Holland AI you will get to know talented entrepreneurs running very diverse companies with one common denominator: they are leading the way in the development or use of AI.
Episode 1: Innatera Nanosystems
In the first episode you will meet Sumeet Kumar, the CEO of Innatera Nanosystems. This Rijswijk based company develops neuromorphic processors: microchips that mimick the brain’s mechanism for recognizing patterns, enabling sensor data to be processed a hundred times faster and using up to a thousand times less energy than conventional digital chips. We’re talking picojoules here!
- Innatera Nanosystems, a Dutch semiconductor startup
- Founded in 2018, as a spin-off from TU Delft
- Visit them at www.innatera.com
- Located in Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland
- Interested in working at Innatera? Check out their vacancies
Episode 2: Fizyr
In this episode you will meet Herbert ten Have, the CEO of Fizyr. This Delft based company designs, builds, installs and maintains their vision software product for automated picking and placing in harsh logistics environments.
Their deep learning algorithms are used to enable automated handling of unknown objects varying in shape, size, color, material and stacking, being picked from (conveyed) bulk.
Fizyr’s software is used worldwide by leading system integrators and end-users in online retail, warehousing and parcel services.
- Fizyr, a Dutch scale up in vision software for automated picking and placing
- Founded in 2014 as Delft Robotics, a spin-off from TU Delft
- Visit them at www.fizyr.com
- Located in Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Interested in a career at Fizyr? Check out their job openings
These are productions by Zuid-Holland AI: connecting people, business, talent and academia in the field of AI, data and digitalisation. You’re invited join our community to expand your network, share experiences and stay informed on all AI news and activities in the Zuid-Holland ecosystem. Check out Zuid-HollandAI.org for more info.
Episode 3: UbiOps
We meet up with Yannick Maltha, CEO and co-founder of UbiOps. This The Hague based company helps you easily run and scale AI workloads on-demand on GPUs, saving data analytics teams time and money. UbiOps offers data specialists an easy-to-use platform to turn AI models into production, without the need to rely on complex infrastructure knowledge. The platform is being used by startups, scaleups, multinationals and government organizations.
In this episode, Yannick Maltha tells us more about UbiOps and we have Joris Mollinga from DuckDuckGoose talk about UbiOps from a user perspective.
- UbiOps, a Dutch scale up in turning your AI models into live, scalable services
- Founded in 2016, the first version of the platform launched in december 2019
- Visit them at www.UbiOps.com
- Located in The Hague, Zuid-Holland
- Interested in working at UbiOps? Check out their job openings
Episode 4: Blockbax
We sat down with Dennis van den Bos and Roy van der Valk, co-founders at Blockbax. This Rotterdam based company offers a fully configurable and scalable low-code IoT platform which requires no programming – at all.
Because of the ease of use, the platform is used by both business and IT experts to store, visualize, analyze and combine real-time & historical data from sensors and machines. This enables companies to work data-driven and to proactively respond and automate on operational issues that require attention.
Blockbax is active across different industries such as Energy, Building & Construction and Agriculture by companies like Croonwolter&dros, TBI and ENGIE.
- Blockbax, a Dutch scale up in automating businesses through sensor and machine data without coding
- Founded in 2018
- Visit them at www.blockbax.com
- Located in Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Interested in a career at Blockbax? Check out their vacancies
Episode 5: Clockworks
This time we meet up with Victor Westerwoudt, Co-Founder at Clockworks. This Rotterdam based startup consists of a team of AI software engineers, experienced in state-of-the-art Deep Learning AI and Machine Learning, with a passion for computer vision. They are driven by the urge to solve problems that no other technology has solved before.
One of their products is Blicker, an intelligent meter readout assistant that digitises gas, electricity and water meters from photos. This solution empowers utility companies’ customers and service engineers with digital, expert assistance to collect meter readings firt-time-right and in the blink of an eye.
In this episode Victor tells us a bit more about Blicker and the role of AI.
- Clockworks, a Dutch startup pushing the boundaries of intelligent imaging
- Founded in 2017
- Visit them at www.clockworks.co and Blicker.ai
- Located in Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Interested in a career at Clockworks? Check out their job openings
Episode 6: Landscape
We’d like you to meet Erwin Haas (Founder/CEO) and Jacob Boon (Data Solutions Consultant) at Landscape. Under the motto ‘Creating value with AI’, this Leiden-based agency helps companies discover what AI can do for them: make better use of data, accelerate processes or developing smarter products.
With their focus on safe, transparent and explainable AI, the Landscape team makes everyday activities easier, faster and richer. They understand business and know how data and AI are tools to add value to your organization. In this video, Erwin introduces us to Landscape and Jacob tells us a bit more about the models they created for an insurance company.
- Landscape, a Dutch consultancy agency connecting business and data science
- Founded in 2014
- Visit them at WeAreLandscape.com
- Located in Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Interested in working at Landscape? They have several job openings
New episodes are coming soon. With help of InnovationQuarter and Zuid-Holland AI.
Want to join the Zuid-Holland AI Community?
Follow us on LinkedIn and get in touch!